Sunday, January 3, 2010

My New Years Resolution

During the Christmas break something VERY cool happened. Dennis and I met a sweet man at the grocery store. We met him at door of The Farm Fresh grocery store on Great Neck Road to be exact. We were picking up some last minute items after doing a little rushed Christmas shopping. As we walked into the grocery store an older man handed Dennis and I a brand new two dollar bill. He just gave it to us with a Merry Christmas and a smile. There was a little curly headed kid standing next to him with a big Check Spellingstack of bills too. They were both handing out money. I was so overwhelmed that he was giving everyone (EVERYONE!) who walked into the store a two dollar bill. We watched for a minute and then I hugged him. He smiled.
Today in the Sunday paper was the story about the two dollar bill guy- today is the day I actually learned his name. His name is Ray Homer. I'm so glad to have met him. His little act of kindness made me want to be more giving. That two dollar bill is still in my pocket- it's my new years resolution reminder. Thanks Ray! This is my year of GIVING.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger bbrown said...

Ash-I read your entry to my mom just now and we both got a little choked up. Love you!

January 3, 2010 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger Ashley Knox said...

Aww, thanks Bridge! It was cool.

January 4, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home