Thursday, July 28, 2011

Never Dull

 

“I have WHAT?”

MMR reaction and smiles 017

Well, little fellow you are having a reaction to your MMR vaccine-Measles, Mumps, and Rubella.  Okay… last week/8 days ago to be exact Rhett had his 1 year old wellness visit.   He’s still a big ol’ boy- in the 90% for all except weight.  He’s 24 lbs. and tons of fun!   Back to the mystery rash- that alarmed the masses- the doctor explained that about 1 in 20 kids get it.  As you can see from the picture, he’s pretty “speckled” and all over this body. 

Now, we thought it was a reaction to the strep throat that he’s getting over… or even a reaction to amoxicillin that he’s taking to get over strep.   We’ve seen the doctor 3 times in 2 weeks. 

NEVER DULL, I tell ya!

MMR reaction and smiles 005(Note: I’m a fan of vaccines… just not all at once.   We only do one at a time for reasons like this.  To me, getting MMR vaccine is much safer than getting any of these three diseases. )

Clearly- he is recovering nicely!

MMR reaction and smiles 009

MMR reaction and smiles 023MMR reaction and smiles 029

I’ve mentioned my neighbors, Connor & Matthew, before and I have something fun to share from them!  Check out this video- I’ve named it the

“jetapillar’s macaroni” 

Classic Connor

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

what a precious little man!!!!!

July 31, 2011 at 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home