Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Nursery Diary: Before

First of all, I'm writing this from my rocking chair!
Okay- a little history-If you could see the Before/Before picture, you'd see a big queen bed and a massive dresser. Those are both clearly gone thanks to Craigs list and Grandma Rebecca...
and here it is as of today:




I have big plans for that ugly black ottoman. In the picture below there is an upolstered blue and white stipped chair. I want to have the ottoman recovered in a fabric like it (pink or blue striped)- I want the fabric to go all the way to the ground so you can't see the ugly scuffed legs.


On the new changing table is a lamp. I bought that cute little starfish lamp at TJMaxx the other day. It's very cute!





Just look at those chubby furniture legs- I have a thing for wooden legs!
Watch out pirates!
One day I'll take pictures of all the great legged furniture in my house.


I've known that this piece would be in a nursery for a long time- I bought it for $100 from a crazy consignment shop guy. It's been like 4 years and I still remember that guys name was ROY. Weird.

(NOTE: Inside this armoire are all of my old formal dresses/prom/winter formal/& my wedding veil... and Liz's wedding veil, and Laura's wedding veil!!! :)We've all worn it on our big day!)




Didn't want to leave this out- CLOTHES. Both Girl and Boy- collected from loving neighbors and friends.



Another View





Still need:
Crib: My Aunt Judy is passing along a beautiful white Pottery Barn crib. It's in Oklahoma & I don't know how I'm going to get it.
Rug: I want a really great cushy, crawly one.
Linens: (bed and curtains) This is where I may splurge. My sister Mandy is going to learn how to really really sew this year. :)
Dresser: It's going in the closet- I'm looking for something small.



Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

super cute! you are seriously nesting already :) love it!

February 2, 2010 at 6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love what you've found/done so far! Since you said you would splurge on crib bedding, www.serenaandlily.com is THE place to splurge at!

February 3, 2010 at 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home