Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Mind of a High Schooler

Yesterday might have been my favorite day at work! I've been working on a little project/presentation for a meeting this week and my part in the meeting is to shed a little light on the "high school mind." Well, let me tell you- I've been thoroughly educated.
High Schoolers are incredibly creative and HILARIOUS!
I did a pop culture quiz with a group of HS Seniors and they had me laughing to tears.
Here's are a few of the highlights of my research. If you want to cool
learn this stuff:

1. The word “Jank” means?
-stuff

3. The word “Wack” means?
-screwed up or stupid

4. SMH in text language means= Shaking my head

5. HMU in text language means= Hit me up

6. When High School students say “Hit me on my Jack” what do they mean?
- Call me!

7.What the heck is “gaup”? -Money -this means your stacked

8. What popular rapper sings the song “Successful?” Drake and Trey Songz

9. What do High Schoolers mean when they say Burr!!!!? -nothing- it’s a cool sound effect

10. High Schoolers say the perfect way to end a conversation is by saying this?
-Tru!

12. Which "Jersey Shore" female cast member was punched in the face by a man?
-Snooki

13. Which Twilight star is Taylor Swift dating? Taylor Lautner, however I’ve been informed that they just broke up

14. What are the names of the Jonas Brothers?
-Nick, Joe, Kevin

15. On the show Jersey Shore what does GTL stand for?
-Gym, Tan, Laundry

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...I wonder what new words will be in fashion when my daughter goes to HS....

January 20, 2010 at 6:40 PM  
Blogger Ashley Knox said...

By then Fran- we will be sooo uncool! Prepare yourself and in the meantime I'll keep you up on what I discover. :) Glad you're coming to our baby shower! :) Ash

January 21, 2010 at 8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too! Let me know when, ok?

January 25, 2010 at 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home