Friday, March 26, 2010

Dear Dennis, we only have 98 days left! *Week 26*

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. (This baby is going to come out talking about baseboards.) He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid (I need to drink more water today-he has old water), which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. (He is & me is!) He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take two to three days. (In other words, I have testicles right now. Awesome.)

A 26 week note I wrote my husband today:

To my dear sweet Dennis,

We have 98 days left. 98 days... we've left the 100 day safety net. This is big. We need to paint and I need to buy the fabric. We need to choose our nanny, a peditrician, a go to a class for the birthing stuff. What if my epidural fails? I need to be trained to breathe and stare at a spot on the wall or something. We also need to name this little boy. In the next few weeks this baby will leave the fruit basket and become a melon... which no long fits in the fruit basket! I love you so can we please go to the paint store THIS WEEKEND and will you please finish the baseboards. I'm nesting and I need baseboards. Stepone: Baseboards. Nailed in and Painted. Love, Ash

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home