Monday, March 29, 2010

Nursery Diary #3: Paint & Purchases




We can check paint off the list. Check!

Sherwin Williams- "Relaxed Khaki"

We used Harmony paint. It's the non-toxic-okay-for-pregnant-people-paint. It works pretty good & I am even feeling harmonic-like feelings, not to be confused with hormonal, now that this is DONE!



I wouldn't be having these feelings if it weren't for this guy!
Dear Mr. Weekend Warrior, I love you!

He wood-puddied, he painted, he undid the nail damaged walls...

he smiled for the camera...



I even tackled a little project of my own. I painted over the PINK on the changing table.
I used the khaki color, but I'm not sure if I like it. I may go over it with a creamy blueish color.

Before:

After-ish:


Our weekend was wonderful! One for the books...
We smiled and talked a lot about our little guy. We got a lot of some stuff done and it feels good. This pictures sums it all up for me...


Life is really good!



Now onto the Purchases:


Today I stopped by a few antique stores on my way home from work/Emporia, Virginia. Just check out what I found: TREASURES!

1913 ANTIQUE WICKER BASKET BABY SCALE
$15 Bucks!

I think this will make for a cool birth announcement picture. Don't you? I can even imagine using it as baby shower decor on the food table...

(I'm tickled about this find- I just browsed ebay and found a similar one for $200)


And the Oscar goes to...


4.9lbs


I also found this:


A new office chair! (Time to chunk the old ugly one)

It's property of HBUHS... HBU High School- where the heck is that? Grand total: $10 bucks


And then this cute little Jenny Linde high chair - $15 bucks! I adore this high chair. I wanted one that looked like a piece of furniture and this one has it all + a story. The guy told me that it came from an old grandma with 19 grandchildren! Whoa!



Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

March 30, 2010 at 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love all the new stuff, Ash! I think I need to go with you to all these awesome antique stores :)

March 30, 2010 at 3:00 PM  
Blogger Ashley Knox said...

Anytime Jenn! I love to go to antique stores. :)

March 30, 2010 at 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home